As competitive video games continue to integrate into popular culture, global investors, brands, and media outlets are all paying attention. With consumers rising, Esports has hit all-time highs with a large part of it because of the social component of live streaming and gaming. Video gaming-specific streaming platforms like Twitch and YouTube Gaming give fans a direct connection to the players and teams, while more mainstream socials have allowed those connections to prosper.
As of 2024, the Esports market is forecast to be worth approximately $1.62 billion and our Cient has seen the potential in a rapidly growing market. Their ambitions are to look to inspire the world to play and we bring great interactive entertainment to people around the globe. They believe that streaming is the new way of marketing and we give access to all upcoming creators the opportunity to monetise their content by connecting them with users and brands with simplicity on a global scale. They are the number one multi-platform streaming provider for the next-generation marketing, reimaging, and reinventing digital interactive experiences.
Our Barcelona-based Client is looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Sales Manager or business development manager to ensure that you add value to their growth activities by identifying new commercial opportunities and managing commercial efforts with the current commercial & partnerships team. As the Sales Manager, you will be bridge between creators, organizations, and brands. You will keep up to date with trends and market conditions to provide strategic advice to upper management. You will maximize opportunities for generating revenue, profit, and sustainable growth.
What you will do?
- Primary focus on sales delivery by displaying a thorough understanding of the products and services, and working to a coordinated sales plan to achieve divisional budget targets and strategic objectives
- Proactively seeks and recruits new deals across vertical for the campaign execution
- Prepare sales propositions, plan sales approaches and hold high level contract talks and negotiations
- Leading sales pitches with both international and domestic clients to understand objectives, build relationships and secure revenue for the business
- Continually developing relevant sales prospect lists by using market trends, exceptional product & industry knowledge and deep understanding of brand marketing to strategically identify relevant clients, industries and geographies
- Work closely with the Commercial & Partnerships team to develop key value propositions, product opportunities, sales materials and data/insight analytics, to ensure sales propositions are robust and compelling
- Maintaining and developing strong relationships across the overall stakeholder network, to ensure they are perceived as the leader in bringing great interactive entertainment to people around the globe
- Display a thorough understanding of their products and services
- Work with internal & external functions such as legal and finance to create robust commercial agreements to support a sales process
- Minimum 3 years experience in a Sales Manager, Sales Executive or Business Development Manager role
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience selling marketing campaigns, marketing plan (SMB, SME)
- Ideally coming from a marketing agency as a Sales Executive, BDM, Sales Manager or similar with proven results
- Prospect, investigate and open new conversations with potential brands (Linkedin, events, calls, emails...)
- Highly motivated and self-driven individual with structured approach
- Strong business acumen
- Very target and KPI oriented
- Proven experience in developing a sales pipeline
- Hands-on experience with CRM software
- Be able to work in a fast pace and dynamic environment
- Demonstrate ability to work and collaborate in a remote team setting
- Excellent communication, negotiation skills and ability to interact successfully with decision makers
- Strong business English, additional European languages is a plus.