In the past decade, competitive gaming has experienced a meteoric rise in popular culture and its economic value. Worldwide, it was estimated that 557 million people would participate in eSports by this year. 500 of those fell into the category of highly paid professionals. As of this year, global eSports gaming revenue will soar to $3.5 billion.
Our Client is a leading media and technology company in the fast-growing gaming and eSports sector. They have created the world’s most powerful competitive gaming platform that can be used inside of games, on standalone websites, or embedded within apps and community websites. It can power everything from simple tournaments to global-scale championship event series without the heavy lifting!
We are now searching for their next Sales Director who will be responsible for the development and execution of a strategic sales plan that will drive revenue growth of their competitive gaming platforms.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of success in the gaming industry, a strong understanding of the sales process, and the ability to build and motivate high-performing sales teams.
- Develop and execute a strategic sales plan that aligns with their overall business goals
- Targeting mid-tier to enterprise game publishers
- Lead a team of sales representatives in the generation of new leads, qualifying opportunities, and closing deals
- Build and maintain relationships with key decision-makers at target accounts
- Develop and deliver effective sales presentations and proposals
- Manage the sales pipeline and track progress against goals
- Provide coaching and development to sales representatives
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and competitor activity
- 5+ years of experience in sales, preferably in the gaming industry
- Strong understanding of the sales process
- Proven track record of success in closing deals
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to build and motivate high-performing sales teams
- Strategic thinker with a proven ability to execute
- Passion for the gaming industry