In the past decade, competitive gaming has experienced a meteoric rise in popular culture and its economic value. Worldwide, it was estimated that 557 million people would participate in eSports by this year. 500 of those fell into the category of highly-paid professionals. As of this year, global eSports gaming revenue will soar to $3.5 billion.
As competitive video games continue to integrate into popular culture, global investors, brands, and media outlets are all paying attention. With consumers rising, eSports has hit all-time highs with a large
part of it because of the social component of live streaming and gaming. Video gaming-specific streaming platforms like Twitch and YouTube Gaming give fans a direct connection to the players and teams, while more mainstream socials have allowed those connections to prosper.
Our Barcelona-based Client is revolutionising the way people experience live-streaming. Their gamified live-streaming hub offers a unique and engaging platform for users to watch their favourite streamers while earning rewards. Their platform combines the excitement of gaming with the interactivity of live-streaming, creating an immersive and entertaining experience for our users.
We are looking for an experienced Lead Product Manager that has a keen understanding of the live-streaming and gaming market, with the ability to identify gaps in consumer offerings and the innovative mindset to fill them.
The key objective of this role
- Drive the product and business-planning process across cross-functional teams of the company
- Analyse consumer needs, current market trends, and potential partnerships from an ROI and build vs. buy perspective
- Assess current competitor offerings, seeking opportunities for differentiation
- Analyse product requirements and develop appropriate programs to ensure they’re successfully achieved
- Develop, implement, and maintain production timelines across multiple departments ? Appraise new product ideas and strategies appropriate to-market plans
- Drive the execution of all product lifecycle processes for products, including product research, market research, competitive analysis, planning, positioning, roadmap development, requirements development, and product launch
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements for prototype construction and final product development by engineering teams
- Create product strategy documents that describe business cases, high-level use cases, technical requirements, revenue, and ROI
- Analyse market data to develop sales strategies, and define product objectives for effective marketing communications plans
- Ensure daily/weekly/monthly revenue targets are met Drive product launches including working with the marketing team, sales, and other product management team members
- Evaluate promotional plans to ensure that they are consistent with product line strategy and that the message is effectively conveyed
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding