The Global Tax team at our eSports games-publishing Client is dedicated to maintaining good corporate citizenship in all things tax. Their team contains experts from a variety of tax backgrounds with a shared dedication to providing leaders with perspective on what makes a good tax decision. Tax can be strategic, but avoids bureaucratic barriers. The global tax team sits in 3 different countries and each team member brings unique skills.
Our Client is looking for a dynamic Tax Professional to join its expanding global Tax team based in Berlin. As EMEA Tax Manager (Internal Title: Tax Analyst III), reporting to the Tax Director, EMEA you will be instrumental in strategic tax planning, overseeing tax advisory, tax controversy and compliance matters as well as driving automation within the tax team. You will be hands-on, understand tax operations, and have the ability to collaborate cross-functionally.
In this role, your responsibilities may evolve over time to align with the changing needs of the organisation.
- Lead and manage tax structuring projects and regional transfer pricing arrangements
- Lead and manage tax authority engagements, audits and controversies
- Manage the direct and indirect tax compliance process for their EMEA territories
- Develop and ensure internal controls are well executed to mitigate tax risks
- Connect with business leaders to provide valid and timely tax advice in driving efficient, effective and compliant business solutions
- Design, develop and deliver appropriate tax training to improve overall awareness and capabilities in the business
- Researching, documenting and understanding new international tax legislation and the related impact
- Collaborating with groups in legal, accounting, business insights, finance, purchasing, eSports, R&D, et. al. on variety of recurring and nonrecurring projects
- Managing the tax provision process for their EMEA territories
- CTA or equivalent Qualified
- Minimum of 6+ years of relevant industry experience, post relevant tax qualification
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment with cross-functional teams
- Operational experience with strong stakeholder management skills
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Multinational technology or entertainment industry experience
- Proven experience in international tax and transfer pricing
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritises the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Medical and dental plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children
- Life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Family bonding leave
- Commuting allowance
- Flexible benefits allowance
- Vision allowance
- Daily lunch, snacks and fruit in the office
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits