Technology moves fast. Barely any device or gadget that you own would be possible without semiconductors.
Our Client is a Dublin-based world leader in the semiconductor manufacturing equipment market providing a wide range of solutions for the manufacture of wafers and reticles, packaging, PCBs and flat panel displays.
You will be working on some of the most exciting projects worldwide in a highly disruptive market.
This is a company with vision in a progressive market determined to stay ahead of the competition - with a focus on innovation and dedication to growth they invest 15% of profits back into R&D YoY.
When joining this business, you will be in a market leader who offer a highly competitive compensation scheme including a guaranteed yearly bonus.
This division is very supportive of company growth (laterally and upward). There has been a lot of mobility in a group, which people coming into Tech Support from the field/other teams, and vice versa.
The Director is very supportive of growth tracks and supportive of employee growth supporting them into the direction they want to grow in – whether its technical, supervisory, or both.
This is a predominantly remote role in a client that is great about being flexible on the remote work situation. You can choose if you want to be hybrid, fully remote, or fully in office. Most TSEs work from home, and travel when on-site support is needed.
- To respond to ongoing technical issues of our client's equipment where field product support teams were unable to solve. A background in Microscopy/Vacuum/Electron Microscopy/Scanning Electron Microscopy would be a big advantage.
- To assist field engineers in diagnosing, troubleshooting, and debugging sophisticated optical/electro/mechanical equipment, computer systems, coupled with software solutions.
- Working on challenging problems requires in-depth system knowledge and a sound understanding of operating principles.
- Exercise judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, and techniques for achieving results.
- To collaborate with specialists and other teams to craft an optimized plan of action to resolve the technical issues and recover equipment functionality to customer satisfaction.
- Travel within the region and worldwide to support escalated issues on-site on short notice.
- Create document content relative to troubleshooting processes, technical findings, provide service and postmortem reports.
- May be involved in tool installation, relocation, and upgrade of equipment
- Provide technical training
- Master's Degree in technical discipline and Semiconductor related internship or work experience of 1+ year.
- Bachelor's Level Degree in technical discipline and Semiconductor related work experience of 3+ years.
- Combination of Semiconductor related work experience, training, and University equivalent to 5+ years.