As competitive video games continue to integrate into popular culture, global investors, brands, and media outlets are all paying attention. With Consumers rising, eSports has hit all-time highs with a large part of it because of the social component of live streaming and gaming. Video gaming-specific streaming platforms like Twitch and YouTube Gaming give fans a direct connection to the players and teams, while more mainstream socials have allowed those connections to prosper.
As of 2024, the eSports market is forecast to be worth approximately $1.62 billion and our Client has seen the potential in a rapidly growing market. Our client’s ambitions are to look to inspire the world to play and we bring great interactive entertainment to people around the globe. They believe that streaming is the new way of marketing and we give access to all upcoming creators the opportunity to monetize their content by connecting them with users and brands with simplicity on a global scale. They are the number one multi-platform streaming provider for the next-generation marketing, reimaging, and reinventing digital interactive experiences.
Our Client is looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Chief Financial Officer to perform effective risk management and plan the organisation’s financial strategy. For the business, it will be a very important and complex role as we need to ensure we proactively investigate and safeguard our finances. As the Chief Financial Officer, you must be well-versed in all aspects of financial management ranging from simple accounting to broad investment and banking operations as well as dealing with the Stock Exchange, Auditors, and other relevant 3rd parties.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent leader since all relative departments of the organization will be under their command.
You will work closely with the CEO serving as a sounding board, forecasting new strategies, preparing quarterly and annual Group reporting, and taking care of the risk management in the Group of companies.
- Work closely with CEO to improve the 3-year business plan, yearly budget and reporting, forecasting, fundraising, and IPO strategy
- Day-to-day management and control of the Swiss headquarters' accounting, tax, and financial operations
- Analysis and control of the company's financial documentation
- Liaising with external advisors and institutions
- Work closely with CEO and Head of Finance in Spain to maximize efficiency and alignment across entities
- Establish correct reporting procedures
- Drive the company’s financial planning, annual Budget, and forecasting activities
- Perform risk management by analysing the organization’s liabilities and investments
- Decide on investment strategies by considering cash and liquidity risks
- Control and evaluate the organization’s fundraising plans and capital structure.
- Ensure cash flow is appropriate for the organization’s operations.
- Supervise all finance personnel (controllers, accountants, auditors etc.)
- Manage client relationships from a financial perspective
- Prepare reliable current and forecasting reports
- Support with the setup and oversee the company’s finance IT systems
Qualifications & Requirements
- A strong background in accounting or finance and an advanced business degree, generally including a degree in finance and/or an MBA with at least 5 years experience as Senior/CFO
- Good understanding of the digital media industry, streaming, influencer marketing
- Background in investment banking is an advantage preferably as a Senior/Partner
- Strong knowledge of Swiss accounting and taxation
- High experience in IFRS standards
- Great knowledge of MS Office and Microsoft Business Central
- In-depth knowledge of Swiss corporate financial law and risk management practices
- Fluent in German and English
- Valuable: Power BI experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good listening, observation, and learning skills
- Purpose and results-driven with an ability to accomplish tasks on deadlines
- Demonstrated proficiency with numbers and data
- Able to work collaboratively across teams
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software (e.g. Microsoft Power BI)
- Ability to strategize and solve problems
- Strong leadership and organisational skills
- Excellent communication and people skills
- An analytical mind, comfortable with numbers
- CPA is a strong advantage